Dean of the Faculty of Law,
Bermet Galievna Tugelbaeva
42 Chui Ave.,Office No.203, Bishkek,
720065, Kyrgyz Republic
|Fax:||(996 312) 68-01-30|
|Тel:||(996 312) 43-75-39|
- Bachelors on “Jurisprudence” specialty - 400301, Russian Federation and 530500, Kyrgyz Republic (Civil, Criminal-Legal, State-Legal, International Law specialization);
- Masters on “Jurisprudence” specialty – 400401, Russian Federation and 530500, Kyrgyz Republic (Master's programs on “International Law”, “International Economic Law”, “Implementation and Protection of Personal Non-property and Property Rights”, “Criminal Law”, “Criminal Procedure”, “Sustainable Development and Nature and Resources Law”, “Constitutional and Municipal Law”, “Finance and Law”);
- Specialists on “Legal Expertise” 400503, Russian Federation and 530002, Kyrgyz Republic (specialization: Criminalist Expertise);College students “Law Enforcement Activities” specialty.
There are 506 and 126 students study respectively on two fields like “Jurisprudence” and “Legal Expertise” at the Faculty including students from the CIS countries and abroad. The number of Master students is 109 people and 20 college students.
There are 7 graduate chairs at the Faculty
- Administrative and Financial Law
- Civil Law and Procedure
- International and Constitutional Law
- State and Law Theory and History
- Criminal Law and Criminology
- Criminal Procedure and Science of Criminal Law
- Legal Expertise
The "Jurisprudence" and "Legal Expertise" specialties serve the following structural subdivisions of the faculty:
- Clinical Legal Training
- International Humanitarian Law
- Public Law
- Private Law
Education and Methodic Rooms
- Criminal Law and Criminology Research
- Information and Methodic
4 computer classes
Crime Center started to operate on September 1, 2016 which structure includes:
- Trace and Ballistic Studies Laboratory
- Documents Forensic Examination Laboratory
- Forensic Photography, Forensic Video and Special Equipment Laboratory
- Tactical and Special Training and Shooting Range Study Space
- “Living Room” and “Kitchen” Forensic Polygons
Cabinet system and laboratory facilities allow the Faculty to conduct educational process at sufficient scientific and methodological levels, provide self-organizing training of students and promote their research work.
The staff of the Faculty prepares their educational and scientific works; in particular, in 2015 there were published 16 textbooks and teaching aids, 1 of them with the seal of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic and 3 monographs.
The library collection is constantly keeping up to date by purchase of textbooks, teaching guides, scientific publications in paper and electronic media.
Classroom fund, computer and other equipment, electronic databases for documentation is upgrading regularly. The Faculty is equipped with more than 100 computers connected to a local network that provides security of computers and access to information and legal systems such as “Paragraph”, “Toktom” and others.
The faculty staff includes 79 lecturers, 66 out of them are full-time and 13 are part-time lecturers. There are 13 faculty members with Doctor Degree and 39 are Candidates of Sciences. Training and supportive staff is 37 people.
There are lecturers who have the title of the Honored Worker of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Excellence in Education of the Kyrgyz Republic at the Faculty. They are: Professor L.Ch. Sydykova, B.I. Borubash, B.G. Tugelbaeva and Associate Professors N.N. Sulaimanova, A.M. Israilov, A.N. Niyazova, Z.Ch. Chikeeva, T.T. Shamurzaev.
At least 15% of full-time lecturers pass advanced training courses in the neighboring countries annually.
Lecturers of the Faculty contribute to the realization of strategic goals and objectives of social and economic development of the Kyrgyz Republic by participating in working groups for the drafting of laws, legal expertise of laws; as a consultants and experts in activity on reforms in the sphere of civil service and public administration, the judicial system of the country, the development of employment policies, etc.
Currently representatives of the Faculty being in the working groups work on the completion of the projects of new Criminal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Executive Code, Code of Offences and the Law “On Enforcement Proceedings and the Status of Judicial Executors in the Kyrgyz Republic” and “On State-guaranteed Legal Assistance”. Proposals to the Constitutional Law “On Introducing of Amendments and Additions to the Constitutional Law “On the Status of Judges in the Kyrgyz Republic” are preparing.
Faculty and staff of the Law Faculty is a permanent assistance to government agencies, private and public entities in the organization of advanced training for employees.
In collaboration with schools the profile training of students for admission to the Faculty of Law of the KRSU is carried and also professional oriented work with graduates of schools in Bishkek city, Kara-Balta city and Tokmok city, in rural schools of Alamudun, Moscow districts is conducted.
Scientific and Research Activity
Scientific and research activity at the Faculty is one of the priority areas and is organized for development and enhancement of the creative potential of lecturers and students, preservation of scientific traditions, familiarization of generations of students to scientific work and advocacy in attitude to science as the highest spiritual value.
The “Criminal Law Actual Problems” Scientific School (Professor Sydykova L.Ch, supervisor) is officially registered and functions at the Faculty.
The chairs conducts work on the following research topics:
- The Kyrgyz Republic Law System (State and Law Theory and History Chair);
- Actual Problems of Family Law; Civil-Legal Regulation of Obligation Relations (Civil Law and Procedure Chair);
- Problems of Legal Regulation of Administrative and Financial Regulations of the Kyrgyz Republic at the Present Stage (Administrative and Financial Law Chair);
- Relations between Kyrgyzstan and Russia: International and Constitutional Legal Aspects (International and Constitutional Law Chair);
- Modern Mechanisms for Combating Crime (Criminal Law and Criminology Chair);
- Criminal Procedural Framework and Forensic Provision of Crime Investigation (Criminal Procedure and Science of Criminal Law Chair);
- Trial Expertology (Legal Expertise Chair).
The funding of scientific and research activities for 2015 amounted to:
- Foreign contracts and grants over $ 52,176.
- Contractual works with the Center for Studies of Democratic Processes in the Kyrgyz Republic and the National Red Crescent Society of the Kyrgyz Republic - 87,000 KGS.
- State budget theme line of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic: "Study of the Problems of Protection and Enforcement of Constitutional Rights and Freedoms in the Kyrgyz Republic" (criminal-legal and criminological aspects) - 703,500 KGS.
Modernization of laboratories of the Faculty of Law in the framework of Slavonic universities Development Program is continued. The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation allocated 3 million KGS to purchase modern training equipment in 2016.
At the end of 2015 diplomas for the research activities were awarded to:
- Civil Law and Procedure Chair in the “Best Chair” nomination;
- Associate professor Niyazova A.T, Head of Civil Law and Procedure Chair in the “The Best Lecturer” nomination;
- Mukasheva S.A., PhD student of Criminal Procedure and Science of Criminal Law Chair in the
“The Best PhD Student” nomination
Postgraduate Study Department
There are following specialties at the post-graduate study department:
- 12.00.01 - Law and State Theory and History; History of Legal Doctrines;
- 12.00.02 - Constitutional Law; Municipal Law;
- 12.00.03 - Civil Law; Business Law; Family Law; International Private Law;
- 12.00.08 - Criminal Law and Criminology; Penal law;
- 12.00.09 - Criminal Process, Science of Criminal Law; Operational investigation activity;
- 12.00.14 - Administrative Law; Financial Law.
Currently 72 post-graduate students and 8 researchers are enrolled in postgraduate study department.
The orientation of research work in line with the single theme is implemented, the system that implies relationship “Professor - PhD student – student” as a result of which not less than 30% of students are involved to the research work annually. A criterion for recommendations to parties who is going to PhD study is revised and new system of work for supervisors of Doctoral and Candidate theses is introduced.
Doctoral Dissertation Council of High Attestation Committee of the Kyrgyz Republic is functioning on the following specialties: 12.00.08 - Criminal Law and Criminology; Penal Law; 12.00.09 - Criminal Procedure, Science of Criminal Law; Operational and Investigation Activity. Chairwoman of the Dissertation Council is Professor Sydykova L.Ch., Doctor of Law. For the past three years 4 doctoral and 20 candidate's theses were presented by the Faculty members.
The international cooperation
On the basis of contracts concluded the Faculty cooperates with the following organizations:
- Almaty Humanitarian and Technical University;
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public and International Law (Federal Republic of Germany);
- Al-Farabi Kazakh State University;
- B. Beisenova Karaganda Ministry of Internal Affairs Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- IFES International Foundation in Kyrgyz Republic;
- Minsk State University (Republic of Belarus);
- Polotsk State University (Republic of Belarus);
- St. Petersburg International Criminological Club;
- Siberian Federal University (Krasnoyarsk city);
- Tajik-Russian (Slavonic) University;
- D.A. Kunaev University (Almaty city);
- M.Auezov South Kazakhstan State University.
In 2016 the competition for the “Jurisprudence” specialty was 20.8 people per 1 budgetary position and for “Legal Expertise” specialty - 5.0 people accordingly. The competition for the master's programs was 8.1 persons per 1 position. The Faculty has students and master students from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Moldova, South Korea, China, Jordan.
Students pass work experience and pre-graduation internship in structural units of a number of ministries, Zhogorku Kenesh (Parliament), the Central Election Commission, the Red Crescent Society of the Kyrgyz Republic, in the courts, the Prosecutor's Office, the Interior Office, the Lawyers and Notaries Office, law firms and etc. as paralegals, prosecutors, investigators, operatives, lawyers, notaries, court clerks, consultants.
20-23% of the students on annual average find employment at the end of practice and by specialty - up to 65-75% of graduates as a whole. Geography distribution of graduates is quite diverse and not limited to the outside of the Kyrgyz Republic. Graduates are go to the government and commercial institutions of the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan and other countries of near and far abroad.
There are student governments - Student council, course student councils at the Faculty as well as the Council of young scientists which regularly hold scientific conferences, academic Olympiad, competitions, contests, brain-rings, quizzes. 7 student scientific circles are functioning that allows covering the research work of more than 30% of the students annually.
Students of the Faculty many a time and oft win scholarships in prestigious universities near and abroad, demonstrate significant professional competence by becoming winners of the Jessup International Cup, the Jean Pictet contest, Martens contest on international humanitarian law and many others held both within the country and abroad. They also show high sports results on international Universiades, the World and Asia Championships and national competitions.
Annually 50-60 students of 2-5 courses pass training in the Center of clinical legal training on a competitive basis. Aside from training to legal practice skills the Legal Clinic with the help of students assists in raising the legal awareness of different population groups, particularly low-income women; on the orders of the Office of the Mayor of Bishkek the Center annually does public awareness work among high school students on crime prevention as well actively participates in the actions of the National Society of the Red Crescent of the Kyrgyz Republic to provide humanitarian assistance to the population.
The Standard Legal Information Center will be opened at the Faculty of Law in November 2016. It is the access point to the standard and other legal information of the Republic of Belarus, distributed (provided) by the National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus as a part of the "ETALON-ONLINE» information retrieval system formed by the Center and located in the global computer network.